Every trip we have taken during this trip has met with its fair share of speed bumps. Not all speed bumps were built by the government but by the locals (witnessed locals paving speed bumps several times). The speed bumps vary in size and design. The question is why there are so many? I believe that store owners build speed bumps by there stores to encourage drivers not only to slow down but to take notice of their store. I noticed that many of the speed bumps were built by popular local stores or restaurants during my stay here in Merida. It seems to me that speed bumps are a good way to attract tourists to shop or eat in their establishment. If I were a local store owner in the Yucatan I would build a speed bump for my store, and to also encourage Dr. Harvey Fiser to drive somewhat sane!!!!! Speed bumps+back seat of bus+Driver (Harvey Fiser)=PAIN!!!
Tyler
No comments:
Post a Comment