Monday, January 10, 2011

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday, January 8, 2011

On Saturday, our last day, we slept till about ten and then left Casa Millsaps for our last cenotes. We went to Cuzamu for lunch and then three hours of cenotes!! At lunch, Harvey told me all about the "train" that we were taking to each of the cenotes. He said that the train was more like a carriage pulled by a beautiful horse. He continued with how nice the carriages were...he told me to think more like cinderella's carriage. He said there were no bumps along the way and that there was a ice chest with beer in the back.

Well he LIED!!! The train he was talking about was this little cart that four people could fit on. This little cart was pulled by a horse. This horse needed to be fed badly. I could see all the bones in the horse that was pulling my "train". We went over so many bumps along the way that I thought we were going to fall out of the train. However, once we made it to the first cenote I completely forgot about the awful train ride. The first cenote was amazing. Actually, all three were amazing and beautiful. The water was very warm and blue. We all had a great time there.

After leaving the cenotes, we went back to Casa Millsaps to get ready for our last meal in Merida. We got dressed and headed to Trotters. We sat outside at Trotters and had a great time. The food was amazing. I tried for the first time soft shell crab. It was delicious! This was the best meal I had in Merida. After dinner, we went home and beat up our old man, packed, and went to bed.

This was by far one of the best trips I have ever been on!!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment