Monday, January 10, 2011

RE:

Well. We're finally back.

Yesterday was a mess in the airport. We missed our flight from Houston to Jackson. Had to change our flight to New Orleans. Had someone pick us up. And drove three hours in the rain/sleet back to Jackson!!!!

Definately wouldn't mind being back in Merida in the warmer weather :)

I learned alot during the time we spent in Mexico. It reinforced just how blessed we are in the States, and how much we take for granted. I affirmed my passion for economic development, and showed me a side of business I had never seen. We were able to see the practical application of management processes taught in class. Our presentations allowed us to form and discuss (sometimes debate) our positions on issues such as immigration, poverty, NAFTA, and the mexican economy.

Overall, it was an extremely rewarding experience. Our group became closer and it was sad to leave the house we had lived in for two whole weeks. If I had the opportunity, I would definately go back :)

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment